21 Feb @ 9:30am
You Are Here:
Informal, reflective service based on Celtic liturgy, followed by tea/coffee.
24 Feb @ 10am
Children and families all join together for the first part of our all-age worship at 10am. Parents/carers can then take under 3s to the coffee lounge where our creche includes some short stories from the bible, whilst children aged 3 and over are meeting in the Queen Margaret Hall for an interactive time of learning through stories, crafts, activities and more. Everyone is then invited to come back into church for the end of the service, where we share a little of what we've been learning. Coffee, juice and biscuits are available after the service.
24 Feb @ 10am
All-Age Service 2019
Our lively worship service for people of all ages. Activities for pre-school and primary school children - Sundays@10 - get underway part way through the service in the Queen Margaret Hall, and a crèche is available in the coffee lounge from around 10.15am.
24 Feb @ 11:30am
Morning Service 2019
Our more traditional morning service of worship.
Banners made in Our Congregation
All banner making begins with paper. First we study texts on central themes in the Bible. Even our youngest children take part in the discussions.
Simple drawings are then shared helping decisions about the final banner layout. Lettering and enlarged drawings can then be cut out using paper so that we can see what the banner will look like at its full size. The positioning of particular words in the text can provide added impact. It is only at this point that we begin to work with material.
Banner making is not a solitary activity – team communication plays a vital part throughout the process of depicting a text as a picture.
Within each of our banners you will find several themes. Feel free to make your own interpretation of what you see.
- Millennium - a set of ten banners made for the Millennium celebrations.
- Christmas - eight banners used at Christmas time.
- Seed Time and Harvest - eight banners for "World Harvest" throughout the year.
- I AM - a set of four banners made to illustrate Jesus' sayings "I am ...".
- Action - a set of eight banners depicting actions like dancing, running, leaping etc.
- Trade Justice - banners made to remind us of our stewardship of the world’s resources.
- Wedding - a wedding banner made to celebrate this special event.
- Eco Congregation - a set of four banners made to celebrate that we are a registered Eco Congregation.
- Bunting - small banners made by every group in our church for the National Gathering, a Church Without Walls event at Ingliston in 2008.