25 Sep @ 7:30pm
You Are Here:
QPC Guild - Autumn 2017
Rev. Alec Shuttleworth on this year’s theme “Go in Love”
26 Sep @ 11:30am
Morning Service 2017
Our more traditional morning service of worship.
26 Sep @ 7:30pm
Concert - The Ballinger Family Band with Matt Flinner
QPC is delighted that we are to host the Ballinger family once again for a musical evening on Tuesday 26th September, 7.30 p.m. This will be a non-ticketed event with a suggested minimum donation of £10pp to cover costs.
27 Sep @ 7:30pm
Stepping Stones: Bereavement Programme
This week’s topic is Practical Matters. If you wish to know more or have any questions beforehand, please don’t hesitate to make contact with Nara or Christine on 07849 648688. Transport can be arranged if required and tea/coffee will be provided.
28 Sep @ 9:30am
Informal, reflective service based on Celtic liturgy, followed by tea/coffee.
28 Sep @ 7pm
Explore Christianity, ask questions, and share your point of view on this course supported by QPC, Dalmeny Kirk and Kirkliston Parish Church. Newliston Arms, Kirkliston is the venue.
Banners made in Our Congregation
All banner making begins with paper. First we study texts on central themes in the Bible. Even our youngest children take part in the discussions.
Simple drawings are then shared helping decisions about the final banner layout. Lettering and enlarged drawings can then be cut out using paper so that we can see what the banner will look like at its full size. The positioning of particular words in the text can provide added impact. It is only at this point that we begin to work with material.
Banner making is not a solitary activity – team communication plays a vital part throughout the process of depicting a text as a picture.
Within each of our banners you will find several themes. Feel free to make your own interpretation of what you see.
- Millennium - a set of ten banners made for the Millennium celebrations.
- Christmas - eight banners used at Christmas time.
- Seed Time and Harvest - eight banners for "World Harvest" throughout the year.
- I AM - a set of four banners made to illustrate Jesus' sayings "I am ...".
- Action - a set of eight banners depicting actions like dancing, running, leaping etc.
- Trade Justice - banners made to remind us of our stewardship of the world’s resources.
- Wedding - a wedding banner made to celebrate this special event.
- Eco Congregation - a set of four banners made to celebrate that we are a registered Eco Congregation.
- Bunting - small banners made by every group in our church for the National Gathering, a Church Without Walls event at Ingliston in 2008.