25 Sep @ 7:30pm
You Are Here:
QPC Guild - Autumn 2017
Rev. Alec Shuttleworth on this year’s theme “Go in Love”
26 Sep @ 11:30am
Morning Service 2017
Our more traditional morning service of worship.
26 Sep @ 7:30pm
Concert - The Ballinger Family Band with Matt Flinner
QPC is delighted that we are to host the Ballinger family once again for a musical evening on Tuesday 26th September, 7.30 p.m. This will be a non-ticketed event with a suggested minimum donation of £10pp to cover costs.
27 Sep @ 7:30pm
Stepping Stones: Bereavement Programme
This week’s topic is Practical Matters. If you wish to know more or have any questions beforehand, please don’t hesitate to make contact with Nara or Christine on 07849 648688. Transport can be arranged if required and tea/coffee will be provided.
28 Sep @ 9:30am
Informal, reflective service based on Celtic liturgy, followed by tea/coffee.
28 Sep @ 7pm
Explore Christianity, ask questions, and share your point of view on this course supported by QPC, Dalmeny Kirk and Kirkliston Parish Church. Newliston Arms, Kirkliston is the venue.
What We Believe
Our Past - forgiven. Our Present - with purpose. Our Future - with hope.
Week by week at Queensferry Parish Church we dare to believe and discover that in the midst of an imperfect world, God is present, available for us to turn to and to inspire us. Why not join us as we set out on the great adventure of overcoming the imperfections of living life in this broken and fallen world - we may not get there today but beginning the journey from where you are is always the best place to start.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
We believe the traditional teachings of Christianity, as revealed in the Bible. These include:
- There is only one God, who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is in control. He created the world, has shown us what he is like, has a plan to save us, and will one day judge the world.
- The Bible is God’s word to us. It is the final word in all matters of behaviour and belief. Jesus Christ is God, but is also a real human; he was born of a virgin, died on the cross, he physically came back to life, and now reigns in heaven and earth.
- Everyone does wrong things; it’s part and parcel of our human nature.
- We can however be forgiven and freed from the guilt, punishment and power of the wrong things we do, but only because of Jesus’ death. Jesus was being punished instead of us, so our wrong has been completely dealt with.
- We do not deserve God’s forgiveness. And not only does God forgive us for everything, but he looks on us as being perfect, just as Jesus was perfect. All this is obtained only by faith.
- God does this through the Holy Spirit acting in people’s lives, turning them away from wrong and towards God, and giving them faith in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit lives in Christians, changing them so that they live more like Jesus, enabling them to live for Jesus in this world.
- The Church is not a building or an organisation, but is made up of all Christians throughout the world. Jesus is present in the world today through the Church.
- Jesus will one day return.