Exploring The God Question
There is a widely held view that:
- Science and religion are incompatible
- ‘Real’ scientists cannot also believe in God
- We have to choose one or the other
But did you know that over 60% of Nobel Prize winners between 1901 and 2000 were Christians.
Now a DVD resource has become available based on an international TV documentary series.
- Scientists from both sides of the debate are interviewed, including: Francis Collins, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, John Lennox and Steven Pinker
- In six half-hour episodes, the DVD programmes cover three themes - The Cosmos, Life and Evolution, Mind and Consciousness
Early in the new year of 2020 we’re going to be running a new series of Exploring the God Question over six evenings.
- Each evening will begin with refreshments. We’ll then view the 30 minute video for the evening and have time for questions and discussion
- Having no, or very little, scientific background has not proved to be an obstacle in following the narrative and contributing in the discussion time
Here’s what some previous participants said:
- “The videos are excellent, very well narrated and the interviews were excellent.”
- “The structure of the series made logical sense and helped me form a much stronger understanding…deeply satisfying.”
If you’d like to find out more, contact Guy Douglas, as below, or email the church office: firstname.lastname@example.org
See also the God Question website
When and Where
Tel: 07971 275122Send Email